5 Reasons To Use WordPress in Your Biz
A majority of my business, if not all, comes to me because business owners are frustrated with their current “web situation”. They either have no idea how to update their website, can’t get in contact with their web developer, or they’re not getting the traffic and rankings they need.
I know it’s such a cliché thing to say, but seriously, if I had a nickel for every time a client came to me with the same issue, I’d be in the Bahamas somewhere sipping on a fruity drink.
Unfortunately most businesses haven’t invested the time to update their web presence since they’ve first hired someone to build it back in the 90s, and lets be serious a lot has changed since the 90s. Heck, a lot has changed in the last 2 years! As a result, the Internet is now littered with outdated HTML sites, and unless you know HTML code and have tons of extra time on your hands, you’re not going to be able to update anything on your website yourself. In fact you’ll probably waste a boat load of money paying a webmaster to do it for you. But, not to fear, there is hope!
WordPress to the Rescue!
So let’s just start with the basics – What the heck is WordPress?
WordPress is an opensource content management platform that was initially developed in 2003 as a blogging tool. Throughout the last eight years WordPress has grown and expanded and has become the world’s most popular content management system. It is used for blogging as well as for both personal and business websites.
A content management system, such as WordPress, is a tool that helps you manage the creation and updates to web pages on your web site. Back in the day, only big companies could afford CMS systems because it was something that they would have to hire a company to create specifically for them.
Fast forward to today, and now we have WordPress – an amazingly powerful content management system that is F.R.E.E., and it has a lot of power under the hood for a small or medium business looking for an easy way to manage their web site.
So why is WordPress a good choice? There are so many reasons why WordPress is awesome but I’ve narrowed my list down to 5.
The Top 5 Reasons to Use WordPress for Your Small Business Website are:
1. SEO – WordPress provides exceptional search engine optimization (SEO) right out of the box. There are minor adjustments you need to make, but there are many SEO benefits that WordPress provides for free.
2. Content – It is easy to update content on your website without knowing any CODE. I always tell my clients, “If you can send an email you can update your site with WordPress”. In today’s world you really shouldn’t have to ask your webmaster every time you want to make a small change to your website.
3. Extensions – There is a thriving ecosystem of developers creating themes (how your site looks) and plug-ins – imagine free design themes, or the ability to extend your website with polls, contact forms, ratings, or hundreds of other cool features without having to hire a web developer.
4. Support – If you do run into some problems, or want to add very custom features, it is easy to find support and developers who can help you. There are literally thousands of WordPress developers out there. And there are so many people writing about WordPress, help is only a Google search away!
5. Saves Time & Puts You Back In Control – With so much business being conducted online and with so many consumers turning to the Internet to research local businesses, your online presence is more important than ever. So shouldn’t you, as a business owner, have the peace of mind of being in control of your website?
No matter if a client comes to me and asks, ”How do I get more traffic to my site”, “How do I rank higher in Google”, or “How do I bring my business online”? My first question to them is, “Have you heard of WordPress”? It truly is that powerful.
Christina Rule has a true passion for educating business owners and entrepreneurs to create a profitable online presence, all on their own, without having to become a tech wiz. In fact, for the past 2 years, Christina has been the behind-the-scenes technical wizard for one of the most well known and successful video and online marketers in the U.S.
Unlike most web designers and developers, Christina is responsible and trustworthy, which is why she has become the go-to for entrepreneurs who have fallen at the mercy of their own unreliable web designers and need someone who can find solutions to their problems fast.
While she considers herself a true geek at heart, Christina doesn’t speak a lick of techy mumbo jumbo or geek speak, which is why so many of her entrepreneur clients love working with her. Christina’s step by step approach, and use of modern easy to use online tools, makes learning how to create a business boosting online presence easy and fun for any entrepreneur.